ERB’s Organically grown desi Mungodi, also known as Moong Dal Vadi is a very well-known recipe. In various parts of India, people call it with different names like wadi, sandge etc. It tastes very good when made with potatoes or with kadhi. The curry prepared using it can be served with hot rice, roti or puri. This desi recipe might revive your childhood memories, as mothers generally make the mungodi during summer season.
Our Best Seller Mungodi is a wonderful variation of moong dal savory and can be had with roti / parantha / rice. This Organically grown Mungodi fried or roasted with 2-3 drops of oil (Microwave) is a wonderful appetiser.
Recipe for Mungodi:
- Wash peel and chop a potato in small pieces.
- Grind a tomato, green chilies and ginger and make a paste.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add mungodis and cumin seeds. Fry till mungodis and cumin become golden.
- Now add cloves ,asafoetida and whole red chilies and saute.
- Add tomato puree in the cooker and fry for a minute.
- Add all the dry spices and yogurt and saute till oil start separating from the masala.
- Now add chopped potatoes and stir for a minute. Add water and mix well.
- Now pressure cook on medium heat till 4 whistles (or till potato cooked completely)
- When it cool down then open and slightly mash the curry.
- Give it a boil on medium heat (with out covering the pan)
- Now add lemon juice and fresh coriander and serve hot.