Organically grown, Hand – pounded Moong Sabut Daal is very simple to cook and does not need any presoaking. Low in fat, high in fibre and protein. This daal is easy to digest. Moong daal is our best selling dal. Rich in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, folate and Vitamin B, rich source of protein & fibre.
Our Best Selling Moong Chhilka Daal is often used to make recipes like Khichdi. It is also a commonly used ingredient in daals and curries and it is used in India to make sweets.
Moong Sabut Daal Recipe:
1. To make Moong Sabut Daal, first wash the green moong thoroughly under running water and soak the lentils for 3-4 hours or overnight. Ensure that there is sufficient water in the vessel to submerge the lentils completely.
2. Place a pressure cooker on the heat. Add whole moong dal with 3 cups of water, salt and ERB turmeric powder to it. Shut the lid and allow it to cook on high heat. When the pressure cooker releases one whistle, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 6 minutes before you turn the heat off. Allow the cooker to rest till the pressure has released naturally and the weight is easy to pull off. When the lid comes off without any resistance, you will know that the pressure has released completely and the cooker can be opened. Set the cooked moong aside.
3. Place a kadhai on the heat, add some oil to it and warm it up slightly. Add ERB cumin seeds to it and toss till they gently brown.
4. Add the chopped onions, green chilli, ginger and garlic to the oil and sauté it all until the onions are golden brown.
5. When the onions turn brown, add tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes until the tomatoes cook completely.
6. Add the cooked dal and ERB garam masala at this stage
and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
7. In a tempering/tadka pan or ladle, melt the ghee. When it is warm, add the ERB red chilli powder, saute for 30 seconds and pour the tempering over the dal right before serving.
8. Add a dash of lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves and then serve hot.
9. Serve the Sabut Moong Ki Dal with fresh Roti’s, with sliced onions and a dash of lemon for a simple comforting meal.