Organically grown, Hand – pounded Moong Dhuli Daal – Desi is very simple to cook and does not need any pre soaking. Low in fat, high in fibre and protein. This daal is easy to digest. Moong daal is rich in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, folate and Vitamin B, rich source of protein & fibre.
Our Best Selling Moong dal is known to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help in fighting harmful bacteria, viruses and colds. Rice has fibre called resistant starch which helps in promoting healthy bacteria in the bowel, thus boosting the immune system. Moong dal contains amino acids and rice contains sulfur – based amino acids, both of which are required by the body for synthesis of proteins. Combination of dal and rice aids in protein synthesis, which helps build and strengthen muscles.
Moong Dhuli Daal Recipe:
- Wash desi lentils till the water comes out clean.
- Place them in a heavy pan with 3 cups of water, turmeric, ginger and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer till cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds. Add onions.
- Saute onions till brown, add tomatoes and stir-fry till the fat separates.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and add cooked lentils.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about a minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.