Organically grown, Hand – pounded Moong Chhilka Daal is very simple to cook and does not need any presoaking. Low in fat, high in fibre and protein. This daal is easy to digest. Moong daal is rich in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, folate and Vitamin B, a rich source of protein & fibre.
Our Best Selling Daal Moong Chhilka Daal is often used to make recipes like Khichdi. It is a commonly used ingredient in daals and curries. It is also used in India to make sweets.
Moong Chilka Recipe:
1. To begin making the Moong Chilka Daal Curry recipe, wash and drain the daal. Place in a pressure cooker/pan, add about 1 to 1 ½ cups of water (up to 1 inch above the daal).
2. Close the pressure pan and cook on high. After one whistle, lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Let the pressure drop on its own. Open the pressure pan and mash the daal. You may choose to make it into a fine paste or leave it a little coarse.
5. Add the finely chopped onions along with garlic and green chillies. Stir in tomatoes, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. You will start to see the oil separating from the mixture.
7. At this stage, add the cooked dal along with 1 to 1 ½ cups of water and salt to taste. Give it a good mix and taste for seasoning. Adjust accordingly.
8. Remove from heat, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with Amazing Taste & Aroma.
How to store: Keep in an airtight container.
Eat Right Basket is part of a social enterprise, Satat Sampada Private Limited that promotes organic farming to protect your health and environment. We grow vegetables, fruits and grains organically in Uttar Pradesh as well as collaborate with farmers from all over India to offer you 400+ authentic products.