Mixed Millet Khichdi is a healthy gluten free meal comprising multiple kinds of millets cooked together. Compared to White Rice Khichdi, Mix Millets are high on Fibre and Control Blood Sugar and Cholesterol levels.
Adding Mix Millet Khichdi in your diet on a regular basis will help your body gain
lots of Minerals, Nutrients and Energy.
How to make Mixed Millet Khichdi Recipe
- Measure out one cup of mixed millets, wash it thoroughly and leave it in a colander or fine-meshed sieve to drain.
- In a pressure cooker, warm the ghee in a pressure cooker on medium heat. Add asafoetida and cumin seeds and allow it to crackle for a few seconds.
- Once the cumin seeds crackle, add in the chopped onions and saute until they have softened and turned translucent.
- Once the onions have softened, add in the chopped tomatoes and cook them until soft.
- At this stage, add Himalayan pink salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, kasuri methi and crushed vadi. Continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes till the masalas get well combined.
- Finally, add in the washed and drained millets to the cooker, saute for a minute. Add 5 cups of water, cover the pressure cooker and cook until you hear 2 to 3 whistles. After 2 to 3 whistles, turn the heat to low and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and give the Mixed Millet Khichdi a good stir. Check the salt and adjust to suit your taste.
- Serve the Mixed Millet Khichdi along with dahi and pickle for a healthy gluten free dinner.