Try our 100% Natural and Hand-pounded Masoor Dhuli Dal. It helps to lower the cholesterol levels and also helps to prevent a number of heart problems such as clogged arteries, heart disease, stroke, and clots.
It contains Vitamin C which is known for boosting the immune system. Full of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and phosphate, which are good for the growth and strengthening of bones and teeth.
Recipe of Masoor Dhuli:
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients. Rinse ½ cup masoor dal (pink lentils) a couple of times in water. Then add the masoor daal in a 2-litre pressure cooker. Also add 1.5 to 1.75 cups water.
2. Pressure cook the split pink lentils on a medium to medium-high flame for 5 to 6 whistles or till they become soft and mushy. When the lentils are cooked, beat with a wooden spoon or wired whisk lightly. Keep the cooked pink lentils aside.
3. Make onion-tomato masala. In another pan or pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and sauté till they crackle and become golden.
4. Next add ⅓ cup chopped onions. Stir and begin to saute the onions, till they are light golden. Then add ¼ inch chopped ginger. Also add 2 to 3 garlic which is crushed or chopped.
6. Add 1 medium-sized chopped tomato. Stir the tomatoes and mix them well. Saute the tomatoes till the oil separates and the tomatoes become soft.
7. Add the cooked lentils. Mix well. Pour 1 to 1.5 cups water. You can adjust the quantity of water as required. Also Add salt as required and stir. Simmer the dal for 6 to 7 minutes more on a low or medium flame till you get the desired consistency.
8. Add 1 teaspoon crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves (optional). Simmer for 1 minute.
9. You can also garnish with coriander leaves if you want while serving the dal. Masoor Dhuli Daal hot with steamed basmati rice.