Eat Right Baskets’s Foxtail Millet is rich in Dietary Fibre, Protein, healthy micros (Vitamin and Minerals) and low in Fat. It is a powerhouse of nutrition
Wonderful to cook and amazing in Taste and Texture.
Reduces the risk of Gastrointestinal and Kidney Disorders and good for Diabetics
How to use: Just turn all your rawa recipes healthy. Make healthy dosa, halwa, kheer, upma, dhokla
idli and much much more from foxtail millet.
How to store: Keep it in an airtight container
Millets are a group of gluten-free cereals witnessing a sort of resurgence in the recent years, all thanks to the awareness on embracing traditional foods. In some parts of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka millets take precedence over rice and is consumed widely for its numerous health benefits.
- Wash millets thoroughly to clean all impurities like sand, small stones etc. Use a sieve while draining water out.
- Soak it for 30 minutes. In a bowl, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add salt and ghee. Drain water completely and add soaked Foxtail millet.
- Cook it for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. After some time, the millets get cooked completely and turn soft. Gently fluff it with a fork.
- Eat it as a substitute to the rice or add to your desired dish.