Premium Golden Basmati Rice is unpolished and parboiled. Polishing removes the outer layers with all the nutrients. Parboiling is the process of partially boiling the rice to shift the nutrients from the bran into the grain. The grains remain fluffy, firm and separate after cooking and can easily absorb flavours.
Veg Biryani Recipe:
- Soak Premium Basmati Golden Rice for at least 20 minutes. Chop all the vegetables you like.
- Add oil or ghee to a pan and when hot add spices. You can use bay leaf, star anise, shahi jeera, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- After 1-2 minutes add chopped onions and green chillis. As well as ginger garlic paste.
- Add all your vegetables and fry. Next add tomatoes, curd, salt, coriander leaves, mint, red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala.
- Add the drained rice in an even layer on top of the vegetables. And add salted water.
- Cook until done. Leave 15 minutes for cooling down.
Nutrition Fact: 100 grams of Basmati Golden Rice is reported to contain 356 Calories, 6.67% protein, 1.12% Fat, 80% Carbohydrate and 44.45mg Calcium
How to use: Works best in flavourful dishes like Biryani and Pulao
How to store: Keep it in an airtight container